Fedora found Pulseaudio

James Antill james at fedoraproject.com
Sun Mar 16 02:57:27 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 00:20 +1100, David Timms wrote:
> Dimi Paun wrote:
> > pa* utilities where not present on my box, my yum-based searches
> > for them yielded nothing
> In case someone is having trouble with that in the future:
> yum search pulse
> or
> pirut|search|pulse|search
>
> both give the list of pulseaudio apps, including pavucontrol.
>
> But it would be interesting to know what one may have searched for and
> not found it - perhaps there is improvements that can be made to a
> glossary on the wiki or search improvement that could be made to yum ?

 So while it's _there_ if you search for pulse, the last thing starting
with pulse yum outputs is called "pulseaudio-utils" which I'd kind to
expect it in, and even if you look further you have to look over
php-pear-Image-Graph and see that pavumeter is PA related too.

 Maybe it'll help a bit when yum-3.2.13 comes out and and it has
explicit sections for multiple search terms, so people get used to
looking for those.

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.com>
Fedora