Evolution problems - vsn2.22.0-1 in rawhide

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 21:52:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've a really annoying problem with evolution - it's refusing to grab my email!

I've removed the .evolution directory (renamed it) and told it forget all
passwords. Try to get my email and it doesn't ask for the password (okay, for
the reason below I'm not putting that into BZ yet).

I've removed the application via yum and reinstalled (still without the
.evolution directory) and started it a fresh, entered in the configuration
data and nothing. Does the smtp bit and then nothing for pop (says checking
for new mail then "complete").

Remove the new .evolution directory and rename the old one, disable the
default setttings and create a new one with the same settings as the old one.
Nothing.

kmail isn't having a problem.

I've tried deleting anything evolution based in the hidden directories, but it
seems to just carry on.

Where do I need to look so I can see if evolution is broken or if I've done
something wrong?

TTFN

Paul