[NOT A SOLUTION] Fwd: automatically modifying scriptlets (included files) at package build time

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Mar 18 14:56:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 16:33 +0200, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> On 18/03/2008, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> >  You will want to work on copies of your SOURCEX's instead of SOURCEX
> >  directly.
>
> I will dig into this, since I really dislike having outside scripts doing this.

I'd assume you to be pretty close to a functional solution and to be
facing issues with details of your implementation.

sed'ing files (Belows of $RPM_BUILD_ROOT) in %prep or %build is the
standard approach to such issues.

It's the basis of how running an autoconf-generated configure works (sed
a template (X.in) into a file (X)) ;)

Ralf