Summary of the 2008-03-11 Packaging Committee meeting

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Mar 19 14:17:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:06:25AM -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:52:25PM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > >  and pango is happy doing pointy-clicky things with
> > > other locales.
> > Only if I bloat my installation with these useless font packages I am
> > not able to read nor type in any case.
> >

> No doubt some non English speakers feel the same about English fonts

But they'll have to cope with these in any case because many packages
names are likely to be in ascii 7 bit for years. So avoiding adding
more to the set of package name characters is unlikely to hurt those non
English speakers because they have to cope with english in any case
while it can hurt those non-native speakers from an incompatible group
(latin1 versus east-asian, for example).

--
Pat