Upstream error reporting

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Mar 20 01:53:24 UTC 2008

Philip Ashmore <contact <at> philipashmore.com> writes:
> Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a policy in place for Fedora to
> be the "point of contact" for upstream bug reports so that
> those wishing to improve the Fedora experience don't have to create
> multiple accounts with multiple upstream sources in order to report a bug?

We get dozens of bug reports against KDE. There's no way we can fix them all
ourselves. And we don't really have the time to copy&paste information to the
upstream bug report, then their questions to the Fedora bug report, then your
answer back to the upstream bug report for all those bug reports either. So
it's much more efficient for us if you just file bugs which aren't
Fedora-specific at bugs.kde.org. Once upstream has a fix (even if it isn't in a
release), you can then nag us to apply it.

        Kevin Kofler