rpms/gnokii/devel gnokii.spec,1.24,1.25

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Mar 21 17:15:57 UTC 2008

On Friday 21 March 2008, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Ville Skyttä wrote:
>
> > Please don't remove or change the value of --vendor once it's in, it'll
> > change the filename of the .desktop file and break people's edited
> > menus/drag & dropped shortcuts etc.
>
> Imo, it's acceptable to adjust vendor between releases (e.g. f8 -> f9)(*).

Why on earth?  Would you mind suggesting a change to the packaging guidelines
and documenting this breakage in release notes, then?

It should be clear without saying that it's never acceptable to intentionally
break things "just for fun" [0].  Or is there a solid reason that I'm missing
which necessitates breaking things by "adjusting vendor"?

[0] This is targeted at your comment above; I'm not assuming that the change
    in gnokii was done with the intent of breaking things, but rather was not
    just thought all the way through.