yum & slow internet

Diego Escobar dezone24 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 15:01:04 UTC 2008

Hi

Yum in Fedora 8 is working slowly getting repodata and solving dependencies.
But Paul W. Frields tolds that we will have a better yum... 2x 3x faster and
less used memory.

Also, Fedora 9 will include package kit, (replacing pirut)... there are no
way... I will hope for Fedora 9.
Finally a comment: I was looking for a option as "download updates
automaticaly and notify to install", somebody told me about a plugin for yum
but I never found it. I don´t know if it will go on Fedora 9 but is a util
option.

Regards

--
Diego Escobar