GStreamer 0.10.17.x for Fedora 8

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:38:35 UTC 2008

I have been trying to create a package for the iSight Firmware Tools
to make it easier to get the cameras on Intel Macbooks working. While
doing so I noticed that although Ekiga works perfectly, Cheese crashes
with a SIGSEGV from somewhere deep inside the GStreamer library.
Updating GStreamer to 0.10.17.x from Rawhide solved the problem for
me. You can read about it here:
http://debarshiray.multiply.com/journal/item/143/Macbooks_Built-in_iSight_camera_on_Fedora
http://www.mactel-linux.org/wiki/Fedora8OnMacBookSantaRosa#iSight_camera

So, is it possible to provide updated GStreamer 0.10.17.x packages for Fedora 8?

Thanks,
Debarshi
--
"From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life."
    -- Arthur Ashe