RFE kernel man pages

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 01:22:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 03:34:36PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

 >  > I grabbed kernel-docs noarch rpm from opensuse and installed that.  Has man
 >  > pages (and pdfs) all built.
 >  >
 >  > I wish Fedora had this.
 >
 > This has been sitting (fairly low) on my todo list for a lon gtime.
 > The main thing that's put it off from happening is that every time I've
 > looked into it, the build has failed.  It seems the tools are
 > fairly fragile, and don't cope too well with badly formed source.
 > Upstream pokes at it every so often, so the breakage tends to be
 > different every time I look.
 >
 > The manpages seems trivial.  I'll see if I can get that done today.

Done. Will be in tomorrows build.

 > The pdf tools are a nightmare.
 > I've no idea how suse managed to get that to reliably build.

I tried to find out how suse managed to pull this off.
After quite a bit of hunting around, I drew a blank as to how
exactly the kernel-docs rpm is created.   If you know where they
keep the srpm (or spm as they seem to call them, those crazy germans)
I'll check it out and see if we can maybe get the pdfs built too.
I looked in the kernel-source package, which would be the logical
place to build it from, but it seems that it comes from elsewhere.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk