RFE kernel man pages

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 15:37:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 08:08:50AM +0100, Frank Arnold wrote:
 > Am Montag, den 24.03.2008, 21:22 -0400 schrieb Dave Jones:
 > > I tried to find out how suse managed to pull this off.
 > > After quite a bit of hunting around, I drew a blank as to how
 > > exactly the kernel-docs rpm is created.   If you know where they
 > > keep the srpm (or spm as they seem to call them, those crazy germans)
 > > I'll check it out and see if we can maybe get the pdfs built too.
 > > I looked in the kernel-source package, which would be the logical
 > > place to build it from, but it seems that it comes from elsewhere.
 >
 > Try that one...
 > ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/src/kernel-docs-2.6.25-9.src.rpm

Thanks.  The specfile does a little magic to adjust a few limits.

http://marc.info/?l=linux-doc&m=120642969729883&w=2 also has some info,
which mentions that some changes to TeX are needed.
I'm not sure if the limit changes the specfile does are enough, or
if TeX will need patching.  I'll experiment a little this afternoon.

 > -- Frank
 > (not all Germans are crazy, but quite a few)

heh :)

	Dave
--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk