proposal: add -Werror-implicit-function-declaration to the default optflags

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Mar 25 17:21:10 UTC 2008

Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 09:46 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>
>> Agreed,
>>
>> So this would be a good change to make directly after rawhide opens for F-10,
>> any people objecting? or shall I file an RFE against rpm?
>
> Before actually doing this for F10 I'd be fascinated to see how far you
> get trying to bootstrap the distro with this change.  I'd be shocked if
> you made it past glibc.

I would really expect and hope for better quality of our development chain then
that, but you might be right.

However that doesn't change the fact that it would be *good* to add this to the
default optflags, it can always be sed-ed out for trouble some packages, really
is it too much to ask of maintainers to try and fix these issues, and if they
cannot (be it for time or other reasons) add a sed? For all I care we add a
%lame_optflags without the option, then one doesn't even have todo a sed.

As for actually giving this a try I'm afraid I don't have the time for that.

Regards,

Hans