system-config-soundcard: why?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Wed Mar 26 01:07:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 15:28 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

        > I do find it a handy way to generate a repeated sound to test
        whether
        > there's been any progress on getting my Thinkpad volume
        control buttons
        > working (there hasn't, at least in F8), but (a) you might
        think that's a
        > counterproductive use 8^) and (b) I'm not advocating keeping
        it just for
        > that.

        can't you test that with the  System->Prefs->Hardware->Sound
        tone tests?

Can I make them play repeatedly?  They are pretty short.

With s-c-s, I can set the test to repeat as long as I like.  And the
sounds are richer than the very brief tones in the tone tests.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu