F9 Beta release announcement

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 08:16:22 UTC 2008

>  * PackageKit, a cross-distribution package management solution with a
> complete yum backend, designed to unify different distributions'
> software management with the latest technologies

Matthias and I are working on the UI in git -- we've changed most of the
tools to be more HIG friendly and make the interactions quite a lot more
sane. You can see some of the latest changes here:
http://www.packagekit.org/pk-screenshots.html

I would heartily advise using git from freedesktop if you want to see
what the newest versions are, or the rpm's here:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/fedora/9/i386/ (if packages
break your system, you get to keep both pieces...)

They'll be a new released version in rawhide before F9 gets frozen.

Richard.