Keyboard weirdness after fresh F9-Beta install

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Wed Mar 26 16:54:56 UTC 2008

By the way great work guys..
Anaconda installation went smoothly
No extra kernel parameters needed during install
( other than the one I used to enable ext4 support )
Wireless and Bluetooth work out of the box :)

Any way back to the things that did not work so well ;)

HW Dell inspiron 6000

Language used during install process English(English)
Keyboard Layout Icelandic
Default installation Next etc.. --> Done

Firstboot seems to know my chosen layout Icelandic
but seems to be using 101 keys instead of 105
or the first name box itself is some how corrupt..
( Tested in the first name box )

Have some Icelandic characters working..
some keys which by the way contain Icelandic characters are not working )

GDM seems to be set to 105 US
( Tested by choosing other and try to type Icelandic character
in the user name field )

Log into my newly created account in Gnome

Go to System --> Administration --> Keyboard and it is set to Icelandic
Go to System --> Prefrence --> Hardware --> Keyboard --> Layouts
Keyboard model  detected as Generic 105-key (Intl) PC
Should be.

Vendor Dell
Laptop/Notebook Inspiron 6xxx/8xxx

Layout only shows and defaults to USA in stead of
Icelandic and default to Icelandic only!!!!!

Is the keyboard layout chosen in anaconda even being set as default for
GDM and GNOME?

After making the above changes  keyboard and keyboard layout
work as they should ( tested in gnome terminal and gedit )

Switch to tty1 everything working there as it should...
( Layout Icelandic all keys work )

Also i'm experiencing superior slowness of touchpad/mouse both during
install
( Anaconda ) and in GDM and Gnome

System --> Prefrence --> Hardware --> Mouse --> Pointer speed -->
Acceleration set to Fast
Mouse still slow, slower than it was in first boot!!!

Screen 15.4 wide
System --> Administration --> Display
Shows Resolution 1680x1050 instead of 1600x1200 !
( 1600x1200 not even an option.. no wide support :( )
Driver radeon

Where is GDM getting it's keyboard layout from?
Any know bugs related to extreme slow touchpad/mouse

Best regards
                    Johann B.