Some things to focus testing on for F9Beta

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 00:36:00 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 18:21 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
> Unfortunately its handling of keyboards is still a bit messy and
> probably won't be ready for F9. Therefore, ajax modified it to let the
> old, working driver claim your keyboard.
>
> So as of F9Beta, keyboards *should* work just like they did in F8. If
> you have *new* problems with your keyboard layout (and you're not having
> lingering evdev problems from older rawhide[1]), check Xorg.0.log to see
> if evdev has claimed your keyboard. If so, file a bug against
> "xorg-x11-drv-evdev". Otherwise, use "xorg-x11-drv-keyboard".

Well, things aren't entirely as they were in F8 with keyboards right
now.  The default layout is us instead of us+inet, so media keys won't
be working right until you update to xorg-x11-drv-keyboard-1.3.0-2.
Also, we don't properly pull in the system keyboard layout and apply it
for X by default...  fix coming soon.

Jeremy