Suspend on Running ot of battery power

Balaji Ravindran fedora-devel at coresfoundation.com
Thu Mar 27 16:15:29 UTC 2008

Hi All.,

I dont know if this issue was raised already or if there was active
discussion already on this topic.

But i would like to discuss this, if this has not been raised already.

i noticed if my laptop's battery runs out, the computer abruptly shuts
down., but i felt it should actually save the current state, before the
computer suspends or dies out of battery power.

And once plugged in again, it could restore its previous saved state.

I feel this is a pretty easy fix. If one could do the same thing that is
done for suspend(but it should be done when the warning message is given
out" Low Battery power", so that when the battery is about to die, the
computer automatically suspends.

I'm sure a fix should exist already, but just raising it.

Forgive me if its already there.

Thanks

Balaji