Suggestion Next Release

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 21:51:13 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:

> They moved away from it because user acceptance was problematic due to
> users being unable/unwilling to read the tiniest bits of documentation
> to find out they don't have to end up with a billion windows open while
> using spatial mode... not because the system is innately flawed.

The problem is that the users don't _want_ all the windows down a path
left open and they don't want to use some oddball action to avoid it as
a side effect.

> I agree columned mode is better than purely spatial, but working from a
> tree or partial tree partial spatial (i.e. nautilus browser/windows
> explorer) is the worst of both worlds.

What's bad about them - assuming you open as many instances as you want?
   It would be somewhat handier if they had 'File/New Window' options to
duplicate the current window and 'right-mouse/Open in New Window' so you
didn't have to start from the top every time but most of the paths I use
diverge early anyway.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com