At what point in the boot process does a check for suspend image happen?

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 28 11:06:28 UTC 2008

[...]

> > I was looking through the initscripts and could not find where
>> this > happened. I know it's pretty early, right after nash
>> starts. Is it in > initrd?
>>
>> Yep.

AB> There is a line in the 'init' that nash runs like:

AB> resume ....

AB> Where ... is the path to your swap device.  If this is wrong (as
AB> seems to happen in Rawhide at the moment, at least for encrypted
AB> roots or perhaps LVM), then you won't get a resume (and for some
AB> reason, no error printed to indicate this).

Not sure if this is the exactly the issue or not but I can confirm
that I haven't had a successful resume from hibernate on rawhide since
kernel-2.6.25-0.121.rc5.git4.fc9.

I'm not using an encrypted root AFAIK, but I believe that LVM is used
by default on most installations.

Has anybody else seen this, is there an open bug?

Alex