notebook / multiple visual displays - activation and control

Trond Danielsen trond.danielsen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 07:55:17 UTC 2008

2008/3/29, David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au>:
> Hi,
>
>  There are a couple of scenarios with multiple displays etc, that don't
>  work that well in F8, in particular when the situation changes. Eg:
>  notebook (hp compaq nx6320):
>  - lcd panel: 1024x768
>  - vga out: {connected to sony crt 1400x1050), or some lcd.
>  - svideo/composite OP: different pins are used on the connector and a
>  converter cable can be ysed to pckup the composite video pins.
>
> [...]

Although I know that many of these issues are resolved in F9, and that
there are ways to handle it from the command line in F8, there are a
couple of issues that I would like to mention:

1. On samsung monitors (I've tried three different) the correct
display settings are not detected when connected to the VGA output.
Where should this bug be filed?
2. The resolution of my lcd is only 1024x768, but the connected
monitors are all larger than this. But the intel card (915) apparently
does not want to set a higher resolution than this. Any ideas?

If someone could point the to the correct destination for a bug report
I will provide more information.

Regards,
--
Trond Danielsen