Strange build failure

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Fri May 2 14:06:25 UTC 2008

I'm getting the following failure when compiling octave-forge on rawhide:

usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lMagick

I don't understand why this would fail because:
    1. Looking at root.log, ImageMagick-devel has been installed.
    2. There is a preceding configure step in which it correctly detects
libMagick
    3. The package compiles locally on my computer without problems.
    4. This was not a problem for previous releases of octave-forge.

Is there any reason why linking to libMagick might require some other
dependency that I don't have installed in the buildroot?

Quentin