Wiki page - HowToGetSponsored

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Fri May 2 23:02:41 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm slowly working my way through the available documentation around
becoming a fedora packager.

The wiki-Page https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/HowToGetSponsored
has a couple of things which aren't clear to me. I'll happily fix the wiki page
with useful advise posted here.

> Note that sponsorship is not automatic and requires that you find a
> willing sponsor.

It is not clear to me if it's sufficient to post one or more package
review requests blocking FE-NEEDSPONSOR or if I have to hunt down
possible sponsors to actually look at my requests.

Is it common for sponsors to browse bugzilla for fresh FE-NEEDSPONSOR
tickets?

> Note also that you should not submit your sponsorship request to the
> account system until after you have been given the go-ahead from a
> sponsor

I'm rather lost here. What is a sponsorship request and where do I
submit it in the account system?

> (List of Sponsors) -
> The list of sponsors is only visible to
> contributors with a Fedora Account.

(List of Sponsors) links to
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/dump-group.cgi?group=cvsextras&role_type=sponsor&format=html
which results in an "Internal Server Error".

Looking around I found
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/view/cvsextras to be the
closest replacement for the above link - but it doesn't allow allow to
only list sponsors - is there some url-magic I'm missing that will
filter the list to only show sponsors?

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net