Localisation needs to be improved

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun May 4 02:18:15 UTC 2008

Pavel Shevchuk wrote:
> You chose Australia on timezone selection screen.
>
> Anaconda can't handle such specific needs without making GUI
> obfuscated, and it works OK for most users already.

True, anaconda may not be able to handle it without obfuscating the GUI,
and I don't think it's something that needs to be done during the
installation or even during firstboot.

> Advanced users can customize locale manually. Casual users want less
> buttons and get work done faster. I vote for leaving it as is.

Casual users might find themselves frustrated over not knowing how, and
hence not being able to configure these settings - adjusting things time
and time again.

How hard would it be to make a little System > Preferences GUI tool out
of this?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip