F9 nfs, rpcbind, NetworkManager

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Mon May 5 19:57:54 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:

>>> for service in messagebus haldaemon NetworkManager ; do
>>> 	chkconfig $service resetpriorities
>>> done
>>>
>> Thanks Bill. I did this and I see that in 2 3 4 5 it goes from K90 network
>> to S10 network.
>>

> No, you need to reset the priorities of NetworkManager, et. al., not network.
> Where is NetworkManager starting?
>

>> Somehow the network service and the NetworkManager service get in conflict.
>> How to fix this?
>>

> That depends on your configuration. What do your
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth* files look like?
>
> Bill

The whole /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ directory looks like this:
ifcfg-eth0 ifdown-ippp ifdown-ppp ifup ifup-ipsec ifup-plusb ifup-sl
network-functions
ifcfg-lo ifdown-ipsec ifdown-routes ifup-aliases ifup-ipv6 ifup-post
ifup-tunnel network-functions-ipv6
ifdown ifdown-ipv6 ifdown-sit ifup-bnep ifup-ipx ifup-ppp ifup-wireless
ifdown-bnep ifdown-isdn ifdown-sl ifup-eth ifup-isdn ifup-routes
init.ipv6-global
ifdown-eth ifdown-post ifdown-tunnel ifup-ippp ifup-plip ifup-sit
net.hotplug

Here is my ifcfg-eth0:
# Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit
Ethernet controller
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
HWADDR=00:1a:4d:5e:f6:36
IPADDR=192.168.1.15
IPV6INIT=yes
IPV6_AUTOCONF=yes
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.1.0
ONBOOT=yes
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
TYPE=Ethernet

as a side-note: I don't know why this NetworkManager keeps setting
BOOTPROTO=none, I keep resetting it to BOOTPROTO=static but the
NetworkManager always overwrites this.

Right now NetworkManager is set at S99 in 2 3 4 5. In it's file it has:
# chkconfig - 27 73

And how do I undo the messagebus haldaemon NetworkManager
resetpriorities thing if that isn't what's needed?

Regards,
Gerry