augeas - reading/modifying/writing system configuration files

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 6 02:25:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 23:21 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 09:25:24AM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> > Nice, but I think it would be nicer to implement this directly in python
> > (ducks...)
>
> So we can get all the advantages of consuming huge amounts of memory,
> being really slow, and not responding to the ^C key?

Wow, You're really talking out of your element. So let's cruise through
some of these:
 1. consuming huge amounts of memory: the 64bit memory doubling/tripling
effect isn't fun. That's true. On 32bit it is just fine, though.

 2. I think you'll need to come up with a good example case for 'being
really slow'.

 3. the ctrl-c problem (I assume you're speaking of yum here) is
directly related to rpm, written in C. Not anything to do with python.

-sv