New system-config-acpid

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:26:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 18:44 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Uh? Actually the plan is to pass all ACPI key events through the Linux
> input system, like any other keypresses, so that they can handled like
> any other keypresses. If you look closely at /proc/bus/input/devices
> you'll notice that this actually is alredy case.
>
> I am sorry, but what you are suggesting is, uh, kind of out-of-date.

Agreed. I've been working hard on getting kernel drivers to push up key
presses up through INPUT, rather than using ACPI or other insane files
to report this to userspace.

acpid has no role in a modern desktop; you shouldn't need to configure
anything - it should just work. I really don't see the need for such a
tool.

Richard.