Flash on rawhide

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri May 9 03:23:48 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 03:56:50PM -0400, David Boles wrote:
>> So, didn't work for me. I had both the x86_64 and i386 versions installed;
>> no sound. I removed them both, and the flash plugin itself, and reinstalled
>> just the flash plugin and libflashsupport.i386, and still no sound. Hmmm.
> Probably OT for this list but:
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f8/en_US/sn-Desktop.html#sn-KDE-Desktop
> Read the section titled:  10.3.1. Enabling Flash Plugin

Thanks, but, yeah, I'd done all that.

I've got another x86_64 rawhide machine where it all works fine -- I'm not
really sure what the difference is or really where to begin looking.

Oh, and also: after I did the above remove-and-reinstall, youtube movies
seem to play at about 10x speed (still with no sound). Even after I also
re-added 64-bit libflashsupport out of superstition.