Dell Laptop

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sat May 10 17:12:12 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.com> wrote:

> http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/p4_Dell-Inspiron-1526-Notebook-PC
> %27s_220198_Business_Supplies_1_10051_FEATURED:SC3:CG71:DP4118

Not 100% the right place to talk about this, but looking there, I
noticed that it had the "Dell Wireless" (read: Broadcom) wifi chipset.
 This will likely give you no end of trouble from what I've seen (note
that I have no personal experience, just horror stories that I've
heard).  If you go with something with an Intel chipset, it should
Just Work(TM).

Something along the same lines and price range from a local retailer
(that does most of their business via the Internet, actually) here in
NYC is:

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4218347

This is also a good deal lighter, and you have the advantage of not
paying sales tax if you're not in New York State.  I *hihgly*
recommend J&R - they're wondeful.