Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat May 10 21:01:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:53 PM, George Billios <gbillios at gmail.com> wrote:
> True, I don't know and monitor every bug that has been reported in fedora
> bugzilla or upstream but taking into account that Xorg 7.4 doesn't even have
> a RC and that 2 months ago everything was supposed to be going as scheduled,
> I had to ask. Besides searching the mail list I found zero issues about this
> in the last 2 months!

So the fact that there are no communicated issues makes you think
there's a problem? Isn't that sort of backwards? And shouldn't be
asking specifically on the upstream lists what the current roadmap for
them looks like?    The Fedora distribution release schedule has been
clearly communicated, even the slips have been. If the upstream
process is opaque, then perhaps you should go stomping around on the
upstream list asking for some clarity on where their release plans
stand.  Even if ajax is wearing multiple hats... communications about
Xorg's 7.4 release schedule should be done in the Xorg communication
channels so everyone who is waiting for it can find the information.
Having this discussion here, is just going to make it more difficult
for the other distributors to find.

-jef