Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat May 10 21:23:59 UTC 2008

2008/5/10 Mark Bidewell <mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu>:
> As a side question to this - Will fedora continue to push xorg updates for
> F9 after release?

I simply cannot fathom why this question even needs to be asked.
Haven't we seen updates for the X11 components in F8 through the F8
release cycle to date? Didn't we just see an F8 update for
xorg-x11-server-Xorg in March?  There is absolutely no evidence to
suggest X hasn't been actively updated in the recent past, so I don't
see the point in asking the question.

And more to the point.  The whole reason why the monolithic codebase
was converted to individual components was to make it easier to roll
up updates as individual libraries and drivers needed to be patched,
rebuilt and distributed to users.   I think we've made adequate use of
that modularity so far in how we are updating, and I don't see a
reason to expect that to change.

-jef