Realtek RTL8187B

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun May 11 06:17:34 UTC 2008

Have installed F9 (er, well, rawhide anyway as of today) is why asking
on this list.

This wireless driver is in my laptop that I bought from Best Buy, which
is a Gateway laptop.  I thought Realtek drivers were opensourced?  Or at
least I guess maybe only wired drivers are?  I can't seem to get the
laptop to recognize the wireless driver.  It's connected in there
somehow via usb, which lsusb does show the driver.

Do I have to use ndiswrapper to make this work or should it work out of
the box?  If out of the box, what steps to get it to load and be
recognized?

Thanks,

--
Mike Chambers