Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon May 12 17:17:23 UTC 2008

Le lundi 12 mai 2008 à 13:03 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway a écrit :
> On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 14:29 -0400, Deepak Bhole wrote:
>
> > A page detailing the reasons for keeping the exception is now up on the
> > wiki:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DeepakBhole/ReasonsForKeepingJPP
>
> Deepak, thanks for writing that up. Seth Vidal has helped me come up
> with a technical solution that should meet the requirements described in
> your document.
>
> http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/exclude-by-group/
>
> This is a very simple yum plugin that enables the user to exclude by RPM
> Group tag.

Uh, that's pretty hideous, I thought we were working hard at killing the
group tag altogether, not adding new deps on it. Plus before it works it
would require a full rebuild of the java repository to put the right
group on every package.

Can't yum use the Vendor tag instead? That wouldn't be such a kludge,
and I think Vendor already identifies a unique repository provider in
existing packages.

--
Nicolas Mailhot