Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 12 19:41:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 21:15 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le lundi 12 mai 2008 à 13:31 -0400, seth vidal a écrit :
>
> > If it is helpful I can modify the plugin to do exclude-by-provides or
> > other such nonsense.
>
> Can you propose a sensical way to do it instead? People may spend months
> of packaging rebuilds as a result of all this. They deserve a solid
> solution.

Well, I think the whole 'exclude this set of pkgs b/c they're
kinda-sorta-this-groups' thing to be pretty nonsensical. Spot asked me
for a way to solve the requested need for the users which is what
exclude-by-rpm-group or exclude-by-vendor or exclude-by-provides or
exclude-by-other-arbitrary-tag is about.

But I don't have a dog in this fight. If you don't like the plugin,
that's fine, propose another solution and I'll see what I can do.

-sv