Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue May 13 17:29:01 UTC 2008

Jason Corley wrote:
> As an illustrative example, let's look at Fedora's tomcat5.  It's
> based upon a package which I wrote and introduced into JPackage (which
> in turn was based upon the tomcat4 JPackage work done by Henri Gomez,
> and others).
>
>     http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=35821
>
>>From 5.5.23-9jpp.4 the following was never submitted back to JPackage
> (even as a patch sent by email):
>     - Add jasper-eclipse subpackage which is needed for eclipse 3.3.
>     - Inject OSGi manifest into servlet api jar and jsp api jar.
>
>>From 5.5.25-2jpp.2 the following was never submitted back to JPackage
> (even as a patch sent by email):
>     - Fix init script for bz #380921
>     - Fix tomcat5.conf and spec file for bz #253605
>     - Fix for bz #426850
>     - Fix for bz #312561
>     - Fix init script, per bz #247077
>     - Fix builds on alpha, per bz #253827

Which I think illustrates the point that JPackage isn't the upstream for
the tomcat5 package, yes?  If you're trying to show that JPackage is an
upstream for the tomcat5 package you should be showing that work is
being done in JPackage and then backported to our packages if it's
necessary to pick up the fix before JPackage releases a new version.

-Toshio