Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue May 13 19:45:31 UTC 2008

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le mardi 13 mai 2008 à 14:25 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway a écrit :
>> On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 20:20 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>>> A. Derivation: something you take, modify without looking back
>> I would say that the Fedora Java packages fall rather squarely here.
>> Tomcat is a rather good example.
>
> If you had bothered to read and understand the meaning of the Xjpp_Yfc
> convention, and then looked at the versions in
>
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/devel/tomcat5/tomcat5.spec?rev=1.111&view=log
>
> you'd have seen the Fedora log is littered with Fedora<=> jpp resyncs
> (it's easy look at when the jpp numbering part changes)

Nicolas, I believe you're wrong.  I can't find a single revision by
devrim that syncs from the JPackage spec[1]_ to the Fedora spec.

> Tomcat6 was imported from jpp 6 weeks ago.

Different maintainer, different package, different methodology for
maintaining that package.

.. _[1]:
http://www.jpackage.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/rpms/free/tomcat5/tomcat5.spec?root=jpackage&view=log

-Toshio