Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:20:14 UTC 2008

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
 > What Jason complains about is that after
> taking all the jpp changes for a long time, when some problems were
> identified fedora side jpp was not notified of the fixes (aka downstream
> patch hoarding).

Just one further note, since I didn't make it clear in the last email.
It's not downstream patch hoarding if JPackage is not upstream.  Since
there's no syncing between the packages since devrim took over, I'd be
hard pressed to say there is an upstream-downstream relationship between
the currently maintained package and the JPackage one.  There was a
historical relationship but the package went the derived route instead
of the upstream-downstream route when the new maintainer took over.

-Toshio