rhgb no more

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Wed May 14 12:58:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 01:07:51PM -0400, Ray Strode wrote:
> 2) Hiding boot messages before gdm unless escape key is pressed.  For
> graphics hardware that has drm modesetting, we'll be able to show some
> sort of pretty graphics, and for everyone else we'll show a very
> simple text mode progress.

Here we go again.

Are you going to wait for the escape key to be pressed or not for a
little while, or are we going to have to press just at the right time
between grub and modeswitch if we want to have a chance to check for
problems?

Is there going to be an easy way (like there is with rhgb) to see the
messages (including history) while booting, to check for problems too?

And, the usual rhetorical question, why so much people like the idea
of forcibly ensuring that the users won't learn anything, ever?

  OG.