SWFdec vs Gnash (also gcjwebplugin)

Francis Earl francis.earl at gmail.com
Thu May 15 00:21:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 01:49 +0300, Pavel Shevchuk wrote:
> swfdec depends on less gnome-libs, and at least for me it works much
> better than gnash. It also has very nice "click to enable" feature

How did you get it to even work? For me, with gstreamer -good -bad -ugly
and -ffmpeg, doesn't work at all. With the same setup, gnash at least
works in some cases (youtube for instance).

I'd rather just use Adblock/NoScripts to block such content on sites I
don't want to display. This way, it also collapses the given flash
object.

Further, swfdec-mozilla depends swfdec-gtk, whereas I don't see any
Gnome related deps for gnash...