SWFdec vs Gnash (also gcjwebplugin)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu May 15 09:07:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 05:21:49PM -0700, Francis Earl wrote:

> How did you get it to even work? For me, with gstreamer -good -bad -ugly
> and -ffmpeg, doesn't work at all. With the same setup, gnash at least
> works in some cases (youtube for instance).

That's strange, swfedec and gnash should need the same gstreamer setup.

> Further, swfdec-mozilla depends swfdec-gtk, whereas I don't see any
> Gnome related deps for gnash...

Once again there are the same dependencies on gtk. And in fact the gnash
executable shipped in fedora in the gnash package is even called gtk-gnash.

As a side note, gnash has potentially a better kde integration, though
it is broken currently because of the switch to kde4. swfdec has a
thumbnailer support for gnome.

--
Pat