rawhide bugs becoming F-9 bugs

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu May 15 15:06:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 16:49 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> You are misunderstanding what I say, I am not against changing from
> rawhide to a release, for the reason you state, that rawhide is a moving
> target. But I think that it is better to make a mistake by filling a bug
> against a more recent version than against an old version, because in
> case of an old version, the packager will have to move his bug one more
> time when the release becomes EOL. So to avoid having time lost in
> changing releases it is better to make mistake in the direction of the
> next release than in the direction of past releases, and I explained in
> the remaining of my mail why it was much more likely that a bug filed in
> the time of uncertainy between release and rawhide it is likely that
> rawhide is right.

Perhaps what's missing then is a flag a maintainer can toss into a bug
that will exclude it from automated culling.  That way you won't have to
"move" it again at any time, you just note to the triage team that you
are aware and working the bug by dropping something in the bug.  Maybe a
flag, maybe a status whiteboard item, but something.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!