Fedora 9 livecd-creator questions

William Cohen wcohen at redhat.com
Thu May 15 20:02:46 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I have previously generated a livecd spin that includes a Systemtap tutorial
(based on F-7 and F-8). I am updating this livecd to be based on Fedora 9. I
have a couple questions when going through this process to build a SystemTap
tutorial.

The /usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-9-base-desktop.ks has :

selinux --enforcing

However this appears to cause the machine creating the livecd to hang as
mentioned in Red Hat bz #445630. I guess for the time being turn off selinux
when generating a livecd. It is a less drastic workaround for this?

I am doing the livecd creation on a x86_64 machine, but I want the livecd to be
an 32-bit (i386) version. Is "setarch i386" command preceeding the
livecd-creator, the way to build a 32-bit livecd on a 64-bit machine without
modifying the kickstart file?

For some of the experiments in the tutorial root access in a shell is required.
What would be the preferred way to allow someone using the livecd to get root
access on the livecd?

We would be happy to make the SystemtapTap tutorial livecd images available as a
custom spin. How does one get a custom spin onto the following list:

http://spins.fedoraproject.org/

The previous systemtap tutorial livecds iso's are available at:

http://sourceware.org/systemtap/ftp/livecds/

-Will