Summary of the 2008-04-08 Packaging Committee meeting

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri May 16 17:59:29 UTC 2008

Callum Lerwick wrote:

>         Overlapping repos are fundamentally broken, period.
>

>     Then why create overlap?
>

> Because moving things into Fedora is a good thing for Fedora.

I've never considered being tied to a single provider to be good for
anyone.  And certainly not when that provider imposes policies that
fragment and can only deliver parts of what would otherwise be easily
available elsewhere.

> Look, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you of anything
> as you've established yourself as quite the Ferrous Cranius:
>
> http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/ferouscranus.htm

Being 'right' isn't quite the point here.  It's more a question of
whether fedora can ever be a reasonable platform for someone who wants
to install items that don't come from the fedora repository and almost
certainly never will.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com