Xorg 1.5 missed the train?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue May 20 22:07:15 UTC 2008

Christopher Stone wrote:
> And I don't see why you can't have two different xorg packages.  We
> have other compat packages with gcc and libstdc++, etc...

Those are very different beasts.  If you have two different libstdc++
packages other packages will depend on one or the other of them.  If you
have two different X Servers packages need to run on both of them.  Even
if there aren't compile time changes that require packages to be ported
to support both versions (or be compiled twice to each set of libraries)
you still have the QA and support burden of making sure each of those
packages run on either one of the X Servers.

-Toshio