Glitch-Free PulseAudio in Rawhide

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue May 20 22:15:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 20.05.08 10:26, Colin Walters (walters at verbum.org) wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 5:52 AM, Lennart Poettering
> <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> >but not because I like taping over bugs, but
> > instead because we need better support of PA on the console, the a11y
> > people need that.
>
> Er, what?  Is there something that's not served by running a regular
> terminal emulator from the desktop session?

Sorry, I don't really know, I am not a a11y user. It's just that
various a11y people came to me and told me they needed it because
braille on the console seems to be more fun than on X. But don't ask
me about the details.

And it's trivial to do, so who am I to say no?

(Also, other people already complained that we broke ogg123 and
suchlike in SSH logins. If we enable simple autospawning in PA by
default we can make them happy too.)

Lennart