Small RFEs for Fedora Accounts System

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed May 21 00:08:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Jonathan Underwood
<jonathan.underwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just had the client side certificate expire. On a CVS operation I
> recieved the error message:
>
> ERROR: Your Fedora client-side certificate expired.
>       You need to download a new client-side certificate
>       from https://admin.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/
>

> RFE#1: Please fix the URL, which should be
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts

That's probably someplace in CVS-land, not in FAS-land

> On logging in I helpfully see:
>
> Todo queue:
> Download a client-side certificate  i
>
> Clicking on the "i" I see:
>
> "The client side cert is generally used to grant access to upload
> packages to Fedora or for other authentication purposes like with
> koji. If you are not a package maintainer there is no need to worry
> about the client side cert"
>
> RFE#2: It would be really helpful to add to the end of that info "This
> certificate should be saved to ~/.fedora.cert"

I would guess that this isn't an unreasonable request, but does it not
default to saving as that?  Been awhile since I got one.

> RFE#3: Please could we add a FAS component to bugzilla? Or is there
> some other component I should be filing these against?

FAS is not a package in Fedora, so there is no component.  You can
report bugs/problems at http://fedorahosted.org/fas however.  I
believe, but I'm not sure, that this is on the FAS pages as well.