Known Bugzilla disadvantage (Was: Re: Evolution / gtk problem in rawhide)

Matthew Barnes mbarnes at redhat.com
Wed May 21 17:04:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 20:19 +0400, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> 2008/5/21 Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk>:
> > I'm not sure if I should file this under GTK or Evolution.
>
> Known Bugzilla disadvantage - you can't submit bug to many developer's
> teams (team "Evolution" and team "GTK"). Instead you will be forced to
> make some assumptions (probably wrong ones).

May as well add the "X" and "Kernel" teams while you're at it.  I'm sure
they'd appreciate being spammed about Evolution bugs.

It's not a big deal to reassign bugs to the appropriate component or
maintainer.  I'd actually /prefer/ reporters file bugs against the
application where the bug occurred.  It will trickle down to the right
set of eyeballs in due time.

Matthew Barnes