Important information regarding 'rel-eng at fedoraproject.org' emails

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu May 22 13:14:45 UTC 2008

> In an effort to be even more open, responsive, and reliable, Fedora
> Release Engineering has created an email to Trac gateway.  Email
> requests for release engineering tasks sent to rel-eng at fedoraproject.org
> will now be turned into tickets filed in the rel-eng Trac space.

e.g. here:

  https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/report/1

> This
> will allow for better visibility in the tasks needing to be done, a more
> public record of task discussions, and better record keeping to prevent
> things from falling through the email cracks.
>
> Any person that mails this address should receive an automated response
> from the Trac system regarding their ticket with a URL that they can
> visit to track the ticket progress, make updates, etc...

This is pretty cool, I think. During the F-9 freeze I would have found
it handy to see other people's freeze break requests and rel-eng

Also, in:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-may-19

You said:

  "at the time we enable email -> trac, I want to create a real releng
   mailing list, since we can now do hosted mailing lists

   move discussion to the public list, and get rid of the alias which
   is difficult to maintain and archive"

That'd be great too - I found it hard during the freeze to keep track of
what rel-eng plans were with e.g. when the RC was to be composed.

Generally, it's very useful for people to be able to keep an eye on
what's going on in rel-eng.

Cheers,
Mark.