Werewolf -> Sulphur -> <blank>? Sulphur is a <blank>, <NewName> is a <blank>

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 12:17:49 UTC 2008

2008/5/23 Matej Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com>:

> And I am sure mimho would create logos for that ;-).

Well, ... the possibilities are endless:

A bunch of (fluorescent coloured) straws.
A doily.
A difference engine (that would fit the steam punk theme which a
number of people have mentioned elsewhere).
A portrait of Ada.
A portrait of Linda.

I like that steam punk thing. The "feersum enjinn" (spelling?)
connection is good. I like Victorian themes (the whole sepia
photography thing, plus early steps towards the "gentleman inventor"
culture.

So ...

How about simply ...

Xenon.

- It's symbol is X (but it's not the name), which is the same as the
release number.
- It's an element.
- It really promotes the "science lab" possibilities of Fedora.
- We could be the *second* example of a Xenon-Sulfur bond (see
http://pubs.acs.org/cgi-bin/abstract.cgi/jacsat/1998/120/i31/abs/ja981032d.html
...)
- A mixture of Xenon and Sulfur was proposed for LAMPs (see
http://members.misty.com/don/sulfbulb.html ...)
- I'll stop now.

> Matěj

Bill