PyLucene: How to package libraries that link against OpenJDK libraries?

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Fri May 23 13:19:39 UTC 2008

Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Colin Walters wrote:
>>> Code calling System.loadLibrary (i.e. most software out there that
>>> wants to dlopen) would work.
>> Well yes, obviously, but in what way would multilib-awareness help?
>> Even if you have a mixture of 32-bit and 64-bit VMs in the same system,
>> the VMs themselves wouldn't need to be multilib-aware.
>
> I didn't write that section of the Java guidelines, so perhaps I'm
> misinterpreting it.  But I read "...modifying IcedTea to look for JNI
> shared objects in %{_libdir}/jni" as "multilib-aware".  But maybe the
> operative change is the /jni and not the %{libdir}, so the
> IcedTea/OpenJDK change is really to be "JPackage layout aware"?

That sounds much more likely.  OpenJDK already looks in the correct libdir,
and adding "%{_libdir}/jni" would be a simple change.

The code that sets the path is here in java_md.c:

	sprintf(new_runpath, "LD_LIBRARY_PATH="
		"%s:"
		"%s/lib/%s:"
		"%s/../lib/%s",
		jvmpath,
#ifdef DUAL_MODE
		jrepath, ((wanted==64)?BIG_ARCH:SMALL_ARCH),
		jrepath, ((wanted==64)?BIG_ARCH:SMALL_ARCH)
#else
		jrepath, arch,
		jrepath, arch
#endif