WPA2 support ase-ccm/tkip

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri May 23 21:15:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 13:43 -0600, John.Mizell at tch.com wrote:
> Does WPA2/WPA support aes-ccm/tkip in fedora currently? I do not see it as
> an option in network manager. If not is being worked on?

It's supported, just choose WPA/WPA2.  NM/wpa_supplicant will choose the
right option for your wireless network based on the capabilities that
the AP advertises in its beacon frames.

One corner case where this might _not_ work is older drivers that do not
have the ability to probe-scan specific SSIDs (airo, atmel, orinoco are
a few), and therefore need the supplicant's ap_scan=2 option, which
requires the user to configure the connection for _exactly_ the settings
the AP supports.  If that's you, I'd like to hear what driver and
wireless hardware you're using.

Dan