Packaging Firefox extensions (Finnish spell checking)

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri May 23 21:36:09 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Ville-Pekka Vainio
<vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been packaging Finnish spell checking support for Fedora (see
> http://voikko.sourceforge.net/) and now I've packaged a Firefox extension
> which uses the Voikko library to do spell checking in Finnish. My initial
> testing package can be found here:
> http://vpv.fedorapeople.org/packages/mozvoikko/
>
> What do you think about packaging Firefox extensions, are they allowed and
> would someone be interested in reviewing this package if I submitted it?

It's fine, see also the mugshot package for use of the
system-installed extensions standard.  I haven't looked at the Beagle
extension but hopefully it's doing the right thing.

The main thing lacking is integration of the addon dialog and PackageKit.